tisdag 30 juni 2009

Nicki Minaj Talks Drake & Lil Wayne

Young Money associate Nicki Minaj recently spoke on her relationship with Drake and how much of an impact Lil Wayne has had on her career.

While still not revealing which label she plans on signing with, Nicki focused on discussing her association with hip-hop’s two current rap stars.

Wayne has always been my biggest influence,” she explained in an interview. “It’s weird because I sit down and talk to Wayne like he’s just a regular human being, and then I walk on stage with him and there’s 20,000 people screaming for him. I think it puts it into perspective for me like, Wait a minute, this is actually attainable…I’m just excited for Drake. I’m rooting for him. It’s so funny because I feel like out of all of Young Money, me and Drake are real, real close. I remember when this was just a dream of ours. We would literally sit down and talk and pour our hearts out to each other. To see this happening, it just makes me feel like a proud sister almost when it comes to him. Since we’ve met each other, we’ve been each other’s biggest fan. It’s like seeing your brother shine; it’s like the best feeling in the world.”

Drake also discussed Weezy’s impact on his career earlier this year.

Wayne is another one that…rap-wise, verse-wise…was my favorite,” Drake said in an interview. “And to be under his wing, to be able to interact with him on a daily basis and talk to him and get information from him, I’m in a blessed position. I have the greatest mentors, the greatest teachers in the world. They all have gradually started to embrace me more and more, so it’s a great feeling.”

Shout outs to SOHH and I don’t know if y’all have heard, but Glasses Malone recently said this on his Twitter: “Shout out to Drake…. the Newest Cash Money Records member….

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar